Subject: bug#78160: Emacs fail to build with GCC 15

From: MAN ONE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 09:23:51 +0000

Thanks, the patch solved the compilation error, and the compiled binary seems working fine.
However GCC also output some warnings ( actually GCC output a LOT of warnings, I just gonna paste warnings that only relate to the patch.)

make[2]: Entering directory '/e/home/repo/emacs/lib-src'
  CC       ntlib.o
  CCLD     etags.exe
  CCLD     emacsclient.exe
emacsclient.c: In function 'w32_give_focus':
emacsclient.c:1801:17: warning: cast between incompatible function types from 'FARPROC' {a
ka 'long long int (*)(void)'} to 'BOOL (*)(DWORD)' {aka 'int (*)(long unsigned int)'} [-Wc
ast-function-type]
 1801 |   if ((set_fg = (AllowSetForegroundWindow_proc) GetProcAddress (user32, "AllowSetF
oregroundWindow"))
      |                 ^
emacsclient.c:1802:20: warning: cast between incompatible function types from 'FARPROC' {a
ka 'long long int (*)(void)'} to 'UINT (*)(struct HWND__ *, CHAR *, UINT)' {aka 'unsigned
int (*)(struct HWND__ *, char *, unsigned int)'} [-Wcast-function-type]
 1802 |       && (get_wc = (RealGetWindowClassA_proc) GetProcAddress (user32, "RealGetWind
owClassA")))
      |                    ^
  RC       emacsclient.res
  CCLD     emacsclientw.exe
emacsclient.c: In function 'w32_give_focus':
emacsclient.c:1801:17: warning: cast between incompatible function types from 'FARPROC' {a
ka 'long long int (*)(void)'} to 'BOOL (*)(DWORD)' {aka 'int (*)(long unsigned int)'} [-Wc
ast-function-type]
 1801 |   if ((set_fg = (AllowSetForegroundWindow_proc) GetProcAddress (user32, "AllowSetF
oregroundWindow"))
      |                 ^
emacsclient.c:1802:20: warning: cast between incompatible function types from 'FARPROC' {a
ka 'long long int (*)(void)'} to 'UINT (*)(struct HWND__ *, CHAR *, UINT)' {aka 'unsigned
int (*)(struct HWND__ *, char *, unsigned int)'} [-Wcast-function-type]
 1802 |       && (get_wc = (RealGetWindowClassA_proc) GetProcAddress (user32, "RealGetWind
owClassA")))
      |                    ^