Subject: Re: bug#78120: 31.0.50; Calendar is not reliable with its marking

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2025 04:03:41 +0200

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> >>     1) emacs -Q
> >> 
> >>     2) Open the file "/tmp/diary", fill it with the following
> >>        contents and save:
> >> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> >> %%(diary-block 5 4 2025 5 4 2025 'success) Success
> >> May 4 2025 Good day
> >> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> >> 
> >>     3) M-: (use-package diary-lib :custom (diary-file "/tmp/diary")) 
> >> 
> >>     4) M-x calendar
> >> 
> >>     5) Hit 'm' (diary-mark-entries) a few times.  Observe that the
> >>        fourth of May has not always the same color.

I tried your recipe but were not able to reproduce what you describe.
C-u C-x = always reports exactly one overlay at a marked date, no
matter how often I hit m.  I don't know why you see this in emacs -Q.

Michael.