Subject: 23.2; compilation-error-regexp-alist extremely unfriendly to customization interface

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 21:03:10 -0500

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

It was never awesome: it *should* be possible to add support for a
couple of unique tools without losing the benefits of all the builtin
matchers that will come along next time I upgrade emacs.  It has
always been the case that if I customize one or two of these elements,
I'll never see new ones that are supplied by the maintainers on
upgrade...

...but now things are worse: I can't even add new alist elements
through the customize interface, and if do I add a single new one
using setq, all I see in the customize interface thenceforth is:

  (mapcar 'car compilation-error-regexp-alist-alist)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.29)
 of 2010-05-08 on black.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin' '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin' 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-p C-p <return> C-x b * <right> <return> C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-e C-n C-e C-, C-, C-. C-. C-, C-, C-. C-d C-d 
C-n C-n C-n C-x C-e C-x C-b C-x C-p M-x C-g C-g <f7> 
y <f4> <f4> <S-f4> <S-f4> <f4> <f4> <f4> <f4> <S-f4> 
<S-f4> <S-f4> <S-f4> <f4> <S-f4> <S-f4> C-x C-p <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-a C-p C-p <return> C-x C-n 
C-x C-n C-. C-. C-. C-. C-. C-. C-a C-. C-. C-. C-. 
C-. C-. C-a C-. C-. C-. C-, C-, C-. C-. C-, C-b C-b 
C-b C-f C-SPC C-. C-. C-f M-w C-p C-n C-n C-a C-n C-p 
C-p C-p <return> # i f SPC 0 C-n C-n C-n C-e <return> 
# d e <backspace> <backspace> e n d i f C-x C-s C-n 
C-n C-n C-a C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n 
C-. C-. C-. C-. C-, C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-r 
C-r C-x C-p C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b 
C-_ C-_ C-x C-s C-g C-x C-b C-x C-b M-x c u s t o <tab> 
- v a r <tab> <return> M-p <return> M-> M-< C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-. C-, M-> 
M-< M-> M-< M-> M-< M-> M-< SPC <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-< C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-n C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b 
C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x 
C-b C-x C-b C-x C-b C-x b <right> <right> <right> <return> 
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Saving file /Users/dave/src/embarc/llvm/tools/clang/test/SemaCXX/expression-traits.cpp...
Wrote /Users/dave/src/embarc/llvm/tools/clang/test/SemaCXX/expression-traits.cpp
Undo! [2 times]
Quit
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done
Mark set [12 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode/bibl-mode
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-lists hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode/bibl-lists
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-grab hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode/bibl-grab
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-weather hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-weather
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-util hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-util
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-ucs hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-ucs
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-tabmenu hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-tabmenu
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-symbol hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-symbol
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-session hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-session
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-search hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-search
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-rss hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-rss
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-proc hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-proc
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-perldoc hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-perldoc
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-namazu hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-namazu
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-mail hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-mail
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-load hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-load
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-lnum hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-lnum
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-image hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-image
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-hist hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-hist
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-form hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-form
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-filter hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-filter
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-fb hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-fb
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-favicon hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-favicon
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-ems hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-ems
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-dtree hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-dtree
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-cookie hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-cookie
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-ccl hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-ccl
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-bug hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-bug
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-bookmark hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-bookmark
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-antenna hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-antenna
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/octet hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/octet
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/mime-w3m hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/mime-w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/mew-w3m hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/mew-w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sha1 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/sha1
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-pgp5 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-pgp5
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-pgp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-pgp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-parse hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-parse
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-gpg hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-gpg
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-def hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-def
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/md4 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/md4
/Users/dave/elisp/package.d/linum hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/linum
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/hex-util hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/hex-util
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/format-spec hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/format-spec
/Users/dave/elisp/custom hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/custom
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/remember/lisp/remember hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/remember
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-wl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-wl
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-vm hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-vm
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-remember hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-remember
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-publish hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-publish
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mew hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mew
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-latex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-latex
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-html hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-html
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-freemind
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-exp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docbook
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ascii
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/trampver
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-uu
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-smb
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-gw hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-gw
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-fish hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-fish
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-compat
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-cache
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/socks hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/socks
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/ntlm hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/ntlm
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/hmac-def
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/wanderlust/lisp/wl/rfc2368 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/mail/rfc2368
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/wanderlust/lisp/wl/utf7 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/utf7
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/smime hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/smime
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/planner/contrib/timeclock hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calendar/timeclock

Features:
(shadow emacsbug multi-isearch compile w3m-form w3m-symbol mule-util
w3m-cookie w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode dired w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-util thingatpt browse-url vc-git code-settings cus-edit
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs recentf tree-widget org-clock smiley mel-q-ccl url-http tls
url-auth url-gw wl-score ssl elmo-nntp elmo-sendlog elmo-internal
elmo-filter elmo-imap4 time-stamp elmo-net elmo-dop elmo-cache
elmo-map hl-line modb-legacy modb-standard wl-mime mime-edit pgg-parse
pccl pccl-20 ccl mailalias mime-setup mail-mime-setup semi-setup
mime-pgp pgg-def mime-play filename mime-image wl-demo wl-draft
eword-encode wl-template sendmail wl-news derived wl-address wl-thread
wl-folder wl-spam wl-action elmo-spam elsp-header elsp-generic
wl-gravatar gravatar url-cache url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars bbdb
signature org-wl filladapt wl-summary ps-print ps-def lpr wl-refile
wl-message elmo-mime mmelmo-buffer mmelmo-imap mime-view calist
semi-def mmimap mime-parse mmbuffer mmgeneric wl-highlight elmo-multi
mime-conf wl wl-e21 wl-util elmo-flag elmo-localdir wl-vars wl-version
elmo elmo-signal elmo-msgdb modb modb-generic modb-entity mime
elmo-util emu invisible inv-23 poem poem-e20 poem-e20_3 utf7
eword-decode std11 elmo-date timezone elmo-vars elmo-version luna
gnus-cite mailcrypt gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view smime mel
mime-def alist mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken
pcustom path-util poe pym static apel-ver product gnus-sum nnoo
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win message ecomplete rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader canlock sha1 sha1-el hex-util hashcash tabify org-archive
org-mobile cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso
my-xmlunicode quail epg epg-config disp-table org-eval org-bookmark
bookmark pp org-mac-message org-habit org-id org-crypt org-agenda org
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint comint ring ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-complete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities
org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode regexp-opt cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs package reporter init w3m-load remember-autoloads
planner-autoloads muse-autoloads color-theme-autoloads bbdb-autoloads
my-loaddefs auto-complete-config auto-complete popup ido maxframe
osx-plist xml windmove ffap dwa-util initsplit find-func yasnippet
advice advice-preload edmacro kmacro help-mode view assoc cl cl-19
paren server gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit autorevert delsel cus-start
cus-load autoload help-fns org-install tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com