Subject: Re: [bug#78102] [PATCH] gnu: Add redumper.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 08:38:43 +0900

Hi Gabriel,

Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> The problem was cross-compiling libcxx, which I've now resolved (see the
>> v2 I just sent).
> Looks good, though I must admit that reviewing changes in our cmake
> build system is somewhat out of my realm - maybe some other devs want to
> chime in on the issue (C++ team, maybe - I CC you, Greg, for that)?

Note that, interestingly, this doesn't cause a world rebuild because the
change lives on the 'host' side and the default values means the same
usual inputs are used, which means the existing derivations don't
change.

>> > the error i'm getting says:
>> >> error: in phase 'adjust-CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH': uncaught exception:
>> >> wrong-type-arg "string-append" "Wrong type (expecting ~A): ~S" ("string" #f) (#f) 
>> 
>> Now we actually get to the cross-compilation of redumper, and it fails.
>> clang seems unable to locate what it needs from the glibc, as in this
>> bug report: <https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/72256>.
>>
>> I'll punt on the cross-compilation part.
> So, IIUC, the bug may (hopefully) eventually be fixed by an upstream
> clang version bump, since it seems to affect various cross-compilation
> contexts and is not tied to our project?

That's my expectation, yes.

> Thanks for your time and effort!

No worries!  I'll wait a couple days for Greg to chime in, and otherwise
push.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim