Subject: Re: bug#78099: [PATCH] Make 'project-remember-project' interactive

From: Elijah Gabe Pérez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2025 18:29:23 -0600

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> On 27/04/2025 23:18, Elijah Gabe Pérez wrote:
>> Sometimes when creating a new project it is not added to project list.
>> AFAIK the only way to do it is using `project-remember-projects-under'
>> or `project-switch-project' but they are uncomfortable to use when you
>> just want to remember the current project you're in.
>
> Please clarify the usage scenario.

For example, visiting a new file (usually with `find-file') or importing
and opening a new project, you cannot be sure if it is already in the
project--list (or it was not added to project-list) unless you do
`project-switch-project' (which automatically index it), projectile have
a similar behavior (projectile-auto-update-cache), but it's very slow, so
one way i had to mimic this is this way.

A good use case would be adding it to `find-file-hook', so one would not
have to use `project-switch-project' for each new recent project.

Or for example if you are working in a remote project (not indexed) in
the current file you are in, instead using `project-remember-projects-under'
you can just type: M-x project-remember-project,
and in the current project you are working on gets indexed.

> Doesn't it help to visit it just once?

I don't understand this question well.

-- 
                                          - E.G via GNU Emacs and Org.