Subject: Re: [bug#78069] [PATCH 0/1] libsecret: Add bin output.

From: Gabriel Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2025 19:23:10 -0300

Em 29 de abril de 2025 18:44:21 BRT, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> escreveu:
>Am Montag, dem 28.04.2025 um 23:01 -0300 schrieb Gabriel Santos:
>> > I'm not sure if that is worth it; you'd save about 5 megabytes on
>> > the
>> > closure of keepassxc, [...]
>> 
>> Oh, I didn't do it for space reasons, it's just that the thought of
>> "there's a whole library in my profile when I only what the binary"
>> keeps annoying me, it's just kind of a nitpick. I wanted my profile
>> to have as little development-related software as possible (I don't
>> even have GCC installed) so I could keep this information at the
>> project level.
>I get where you're coming from, but in the grand scheme of things, lib/
>is quite often very relevant to GNOME-adjacent software (to which
>libsecret belongs).  Since you don't end up polluting your environment
>variables, the cost of additional symlinks is likely negligible.
>
>Cheers

Thank you for your opinion. With what has been said here, this change doesn't
seem to be that useful, and seems to add more complications than
benefits. I'll close this now.

Regards,

-- 
Gabriel Santos