Subject: Re: [bug#78069] [PATCH 0/1] libsecret: Add bin output.

From: Gabriel Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2025 23:01:02 -0300

>I'm not sure if that is worth it; you'd save about 5 megabytes on the
>closure of keepassxc, [...]

Oh, I didn't do it for space reasons, it's just that the thought of
"there's a whole library in my profile when I only what the binary" keeps
annoying me, it's just kind of a nitpick. I wanted my profile to have
as little development-related software as possible (I don't even have
GCC installed) so I could keep this information at the project
level.

>On top of potentially surprising users that are used to use 'libsecret'
>for the secret-tool command without a bin output, [...]

Instead of replacing the binary directory like I did, maybe I could
just copy all the necessary files instead?

>I think you'd need to
>also copy the locale data (translated strings for localization) of the
>package to the bin output, or keep it in both places.

Thanks, I'll also add these to the output.

>I personally don't see the value (when compared to the cost), so I think
>I'd prefer to keep things as is.  What do you all think?

Interested in other's opinion too. I'll wait before sending another
version.

-- 
Gabriel Santos