Subject: [PATCH v3 0/6] Fix fail2ban build

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2025 10:56:20 +0200

I think the fail2ban tests were broken before the [email-masked] update.
The -basic test runs properly, but the other tests do not.

I focussed on fixing the -basic test because I don't understand why
the other tests fail (socket is not found, but when I try it in real
conditions, it is).

The main issue was that the paths-debian.conf in jail.conf was
substituted after the wheel was built, so the change didn't make it in
the output.  Probably related to the migration to the
pyproject-build-system.

So now the -basic test passes, but the -simple and -extension tests
don't, but I guess it's because tests rather than the package are
broken.  Ready to be merged IMHO.

Nicolas Graves (6):
  gnu: fail2ban: Move file deletion to source snippet.
  gnu: fail2ban: Move setup and test patches to phases.
  gnu: fail2ban: Update to 1.1.0.
  gnu: fail2ban: Improve style.
  gnu: fail2ban: Improve style.
  gnu: fail2ban: Improve snippet.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   6 -
 gnu/packages/admin.scm                        | 327 ++++++++----------
 .../fail2ban-0.11.2_CVE-2021-32749.patch      | 155 ---------
 ...2ban-0.11.2_fix-setuptools-drop-2to3.patch |  64 ----
 .../fail2ban-0.11.2_fix-test-suite.patch      |  48 ---
 .../fail2ban-python310-server-action.patch    |  27 --
 .../fail2ban-python310-server-actions.patch   |  25 --
 .../fail2ban-python310-server-jails.patch     |  25 --
 8 files changed, 149 insertions(+), 528 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fail2ban-0.11.2_CVE-2021-32749.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fail2ban-0.11.2_fix-setuptools-drop-2to3.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fail2ban-0.11.2_fix-test-suite.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fail2ban-python310-server-action.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fail2ban-python310-server-actions.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/fail2ban-python310-server-jails.patch

-- 
2.49.0