Subject: [bug#78063] [PATCH electronics-team] gnu: Add prjtrellis.

From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2025 21:04:45 +0200

>ven. 02 mai 2025 at 16:19, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Maxim,

>> +      #:tests? #f ; tests are to be run from nextpnr-ecp5
>
> nitpick: leave at least two spaces between the code and the ';' margin
> comment, as ensured by Emacs with 'M-;'.  Also, I'm not sure I get what
> it means: the test are run from another package?  Could you explain a
> bit more in a standalone comment above the argument?

The idea is the following, see #77114. We spin-off a common nextpnr
package, from which nextpnr-ice40 inherits, using icestorm as a backend.

We do the same with nextpnr-ecp5, which inherits from nextpnr, and uses
prjtrellis as a backend. Others will follow, see [0].

This makes that example tests in prjtrellis, are to be tested under
nextpnr-ecp5. Prjtrellis, by itself, cannot do much. Hope it is clear.

> Otherwise it looks good to me.  Could you please submit a v2?

Thanks for your review, I just sent v2, hopefully, including all your
improvements.

C.

[0] https://github.com/YosysHQ/nextpnr/blob/master/README.md