Subject: Re: [bug#78052] [PATCH] gnu: ungoogled-chromium: Fix WebRTC.

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2025 21:18:40 +0200

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Am Tue, Apr 29, 2025 at 10:45:44AM +0200 schrieb Noé Lopez:
>> IMO its important that we have one of webkit, chromium and gecko in our
>> repos for when those pesky websites refuse to work with X browser.
>
> I concur. In particular, many ecommerce websites do not work with icecat,
> even after disabling all extensions (of which "Searxes' Third-party
> Request Blocker" is the most meaningful one). 
>
> So I end up using ungoogled-chromium routinely for "commercial" sites.
>

Personally, I would just use the profile with extensions disabled all
the time so I switched to librewolf which offers better privacy and has
more active development.

Unless there are special things that Icecat does compared to librewolf,
I think we could reproduce a newer icecat by bundling librewolf with the
default icecat extensions. To have the best of both worlds.

> Of course, someone needs to update it, which is a daunting task...
>

For sure…

Good evening,
Noé