Subject: Re: bug#78021: 30.1; Unclear sentence in (emacs)Matching

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2025 16:33:59 +0200

On Sat, 10 May 2025 15:49:38 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Sat, 10 May 2025 14:44:48 +0200
>> 
>> On Sat, 10 May 2025 13:58:44 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> > Thanks, LGTM, but please make sure the first line of a doc string is
>> > always a single complete sentence.  I've seen it be only party of a
>> > sentence in two functions: electric-pair-post-self-insert-function and
>> > electric-pair-open-newline-between-pairs-psif.
>> 
>> I think they are complete sentences (checkdoc did not complain about
>> them), though a bit terse:
>
> Sorry, you are right, I've misread the diffs.

Ok, thanks.  I've now pushed the changes to emacs-30 as commit
bb735331650 and I'm (re)closing the bug.  When these changes have been
merged to master, they'll overwrite the sentence in the manual about
using a prefix argument, so I'll put it back then.

Steve Berman