Subject: Re: [bug#78016] [PATCH electronics-team] gnu: Add symbiyosys.

From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2025 11:37:55 +0200

>ven. 25 avril 2025 at 15:59, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks for the review, I have included all of your comments in v2.

>> +                   ;; remove tests which fail
>
> Please use complete sentences for standalone comments [0].  Also try to
> explain the failures.  When they cannot be explained it's best to report
> them to the upstream project and keep a reference to the opened issue so
> that resolution can be tracked.

The failures come from the fact that yosys uses a version of abc which
differs from the one we package, as a submodule of yosys itself.

Submitting issues upstream is kind of useless in this case: as you may
see from their ci actions pipelines, they’re using completely different
(precompiled) binaries (from their cad suite), even using verific
proprietary plugins. Guix departs from this logic.

Let’s keep things as they are, while I explore more in detail the effect of
using different abc versions in our packages.

C.