Subject: Re: bug#78015: GNOME calendar doesn't save reminders

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 20:33:56 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 23.04.2025 um 18:59 +0200 schrieb Noé Lopez:
> Can reproduce!
> 
> […]
> This hints that we have no calendar to save the events to, and indeed
> when clicking on calendar on the top left it seems we have a nothing
> calendar selected.
> 
> Clicking on manage agendas there is also an empty list. Adding an
> agenda does not work with these logs:
> […]
> 
> So, this might be our root issue? Can you reproduce the same errors?
To my knowledge, none of this should be happening.

$ guix show gnome
name: gnome
version: 46.10
outputs:
+ out: alles
systems: x86_64-linux
dependencies: […]
+ [email-masked] […]

$ ls $(guix build evolution-data-server)/share/dbus-1/services/
org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.AddressBook10.service 
org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Sources5.service
org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar8.service     
org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.UserPrompter0.service

These services should be copied over to the system profile as well. 
Now everything has the guix-daemon:guix-daemon permissions on my
machine, because I'm using an unprivileged daemon shortly after the
switch and maybe these permissions mean something – I still have to
confirm the actual issue.

On my machine, using Gnome Calendar to add event reminders, I get

(gnome-calendar:13557): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:30:41.555: actionhelper:
action event-editor-dialog.select-calendar can't be activated due to
parameter type mismatch (parameter type s, target type NULL)

whereas alarm notifications in Evolution work as expected.

Cheers