Subject: bug#77981: 30.1; kill-ring-deindent-mode replaces spaces with tabs even when indent-tabs-mode is nil

From: spl3g <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2025 11:22:26 +0300

When enabling kill-ring-deindent-mode, it would replace spaces with tabs
in modes with indent-tabs-mode turned off.
It breaks some languages, that do not support tabs for example elm and
yaml.

I think it is because the temp buffer it creates has indent-tabs-mode
turned on by default.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.48,
cairo version 1.18.2)
System Description: NixOS 25.05 (Warbler)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/1z0lbiv6w4kz0vspk3ivanaiwphyjgnn-emacs-pgtk-30.1
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-pgtk
 --with-compress-install --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-native-compilation --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils
 --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter --without-xinput2
 --without-xwidgets --with-dbus --with-selinux'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Nix

Minor modes in effect:
  eat-eshell-visual-command-mode: t
  eat-eshell-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-completion-preview-mode: t
  completion-preview-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  corfu-history-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  envrc-global-mode: t
  envrc-mode: t
  global-treesit-auto-mode: t
  hexl-follow-ascii: t
  repeat-mode: t
  mood-line-mode: t
  apheleia-mode: t
  kill-ring-deindent-mode: t
  global-word-wrap-whitespace-mode: t
  word-wrap-whitespace-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  elpaca-use-package-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/nix/store/rmgcpv2qf9pdchjkx0h0r6zrsr06rig9-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
hides
/nix/store/1z0lbiv6w4kz0vspk3ivanaiwphyjgnn-emacs-pgtk-30.1/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/home/jerpo/.config/emacs/elpaca/builds/transient/transient hides
/nix/store/1z0lbiv6w4kz0vspk3ivanaiwphyjgnn-emacs-pgtk-30.1/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr helpful cc-langs
cc-vars cc-defs trace cl-print edebug info-look info f help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs rfc2104 tramp-cmds tramp-cache time-stamp
dumb-jump popup dash s pcmpl-unix dired-aux hl-line dired dired-loaddefs
avy misearch multi-isearch tramp-sh yank-media markdown-mode noutline
outline mood-line-segment-checker eglot external-completion flymake diff
ert ewoc debug backtrace find-func imenu grep xref calc-misc calc-undo
calc-alg calc-ext calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs mule-util
face-remap eshell-syntax-highlighting em-unix em-term em-script
em-prompt em-pred em-ls em-hist em-glob em-extpipe em-cmpl em-dirs
em-basic em-banner em-alias em-tramp eshell esh-mode esh-var eat
term/xterm xterm term disp-table ehelp esh-cmd generator esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util apheleia
apheleia-rcs apheleia-dp apheleia-formatters apheleia-utils apheleia-log
apheleia-formatter-context dabbrev vc-git vc-dispatcher
mood-line-segment-vc nix-mode ffap thingatpt smie nix-repl nix-shell
nix-store magit-section derived benchmark cursor-sensor llama comp
comp-cstr nix-log nix-instantiate nix-shebang nix-format nix
vertico-directory comp-run comp-common server display-line-numbers
rainbow-delimiters autorevert filenotify saveplace winner savehist
completion-preview vertico marginalia corfu-history corfu-popupinfo cape
corfu yasnippet-snippets yasnippet envrc inheritenv diff-mode
track-changes treesit-auto dape jsonrpc warnings tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date tramp-loaddefs hexl gdb-mi bindat gud
project compile text-property-search repeat comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring pulse color transient format-spec orderless mood-line no-littering
compat denote-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads verb-autoloads
elm-mode-autoloads reformatter-autoloads sql-indent-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads emmet-mode-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads dape-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads popup-autoloads
treesit-auto-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase magit-section-autoloads
llama-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
scratch-autoloads envrc-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads
apheleia-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
eshell-syntax-highlighting-autoloads eat-autoloads trashed-autoloads
dired-subtree-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads corfu-autoloads
cape-autoloads orderless-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
vertico-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads mood-line-autoloads
helpful-autoloads f-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads dash-autoloads
s-autoloads avy-autoloads vundo-autoloads no-littering-autoloads
base16-stylix-theme base16-theme init go-ts-mode rx c-ts-common treesit
indent-aux word-wrap-mode elec-pair edmacro kmacro elpaca-menu-elpa
which-key elpaca-menu-melpa elpaca-menu-org cl-extra help-mode
elpaca-use-package use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core elpaca-use-package-autoloads elpaca-log elpaca-ui url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars mailcap cl-seq elpaca elpaca-process
elpaca-autoloads cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 873047 225658) (symbols 48 41607 1)
 (strings 32 304075 12621) (string-bytes 1 7953692)
 (vectors 16 936601) (vector-slots 8 8676661 205873)
 (floats 8 453 1999) (intervals 56 16329 15127) (buffers 992 56))