Subject: bug#77981: closed (Re: bug#77981: 30.1; kill-ring-deindent-mode replaces spaces with tabs even when indent-tabs-mode is nil)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2025 14:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#77981: 30.1; kill-ring-deindent-mode replaces spaces with tabs even when indent-tabs-mode is nil

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77981: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77981
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#77981: 30.1; kill-ring-deindent-mode replaces spaces with tabs even when indent-tabs-mode is nil
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: spl3g <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2025 17:31:35 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: spl3g <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2025 16:36:50 +0300
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Thank you, the patch fixed the problem.

Thanks for testing.  I've now installed the change on the master
branch, and I'm therefore closing the bug.

Subject: 30.1; kill-ring-deindent-mode replaces spaces with tabs even when indent-tabs-mode is nil
From: spl3g <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2025 11:22:26 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When enabling kill-ring-deindent-mode, it would replace spaces with tabs
in modes with indent-tabs-mode turned off.
It breaks some languages, that do not support tabs for example elm and
yaml.

I think it is because the temp buffer it creates has indent-tabs-mode
turned on by default.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.48,
cairo version 1.18.2)
System Description: NixOS 25.05 (Warbler)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/1z0lbiv6w4kz0vspk3ivanaiwphyjgnn-emacs-pgtk-30.1
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-pgtk
 --with-compress-install --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --with-native-compilation --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils
 --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter --without-xinput2
 --without-xwidgets --with-dbus --with-selinux'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Nix

Minor modes in effect:
  eat-eshell-visual-command-mode: t
  eat-eshell-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-completion-preview-mode: t
  completion-preview-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  corfu-history-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  envrc-global-mode: t
  envrc-mode: t
  global-treesit-auto-mode: t
  hexl-follow-ascii: t
  repeat-mode: t
  mood-line-mode: t
  apheleia-mode: t
  kill-ring-deindent-mode: t
  global-word-wrap-whitespace-mode: t
  word-wrap-whitespace-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  elpaca-use-package-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/nix/store/rmgcpv2qf9pdchjkx0h0r6zrsr06rig9-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
hides
/nix/store/1z0lbiv6w4kz0vspk3ivanaiwphyjgnn-emacs-pgtk-30.1/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/home/jerpo/.config/emacs/elpaca/builds/transient/transient hides
/nix/store/1z0lbiv6w4kz0vspk3ivanaiwphyjgnn-emacs-pgtk-30.1/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils jka-compr helpful cc-langs
cc-vars cc-defs trace cl-print edebug info-look info f help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs rfc2104 tramp-cmds tramp-cache time-stamp
dumb-jump popup dash s pcmpl-unix dired-aux hl-line dired dired-loaddefs
avy misearch multi-isearch tramp-sh yank-media markdown-mode noutline
outline mood-line-segment-checker eglot external-completion flymake diff
ert ewoc debug backtrace find-func imenu grep xref calc-misc calc-undo
calc-alg calc-ext calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs mule-util
face-remap eshell-syntax-highlighting em-unix em-term em-script
em-prompt em-pred em-ls em-hist em-glob em-extpipe em-cmpl em-dirs
em-basic em-banner em-alias em-tramp eshell esh-mode esh-var eat
term/xterm xterm term disp-table ehelp esh-cmd generator esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util apheleia
apheleia-rcs apheleia-dp apheleia-formatters apheleia-utils apheleia-log
apheleia-formatter-context dabbrev vc-git vc-dispatcher
mood-line-segment-vc nix-mode ffap thingatpt smie nix-repl nix-shell
nix-store magit-section derived benchmark cursor-sensor llama comp
comp-cstr nix-log nix-instantiate nix-shebang nix-format nix
vertico-directory comp-run comp-common server display-line-numbers
rainbow-delimiters autorevert filenotify saveplace winner savehist
completion-preview vertico marginalia corfu-history corfu-popupinfo cape
corfu yasnippet-snippets yasnippet envrc inheritenv diff-mode
track-changes treesit-auto dape jsonrpc warnings tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date tramp-loaddefs hexl gdb-mi bindat gud
project compile text-property-search repeat comint ansi-osc ansi-color
ring pulse color transient format-spec orderless mood-line no-littering
compat denote-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads verb-autoloads
elm-mode-autoloads reformatter-autoloads sql-indent-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads emmet-mode-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads dape-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads popup-autoloads
treesit-auto-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase magit-section-autoloads
llama-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
scratch-autoloads envrc-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads
apheleia-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
eshell-syntax-highlighting-autoloads eat-autoloads trashed-autoloads
dired-subtree-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads corfu-autoloads
cape-autoloads orderless-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
vertico-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads mood-line-autoloads
helpful-autoloads f-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads dash-autoloads
s-autoloads avy-autoloads vundo-autoloads no-littering-autoloads
base16-stylix-theme base16-theme init go-ts-mode rx c-ts-common treesit
indent-aux word-wrap-mode elec-pair edmacro kmacro elpaca-menu-elpa
which-key elpaca-menu-melpa elpaca-menu-org cl-extra help-mode
elpaca-use-package use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core elpaca-use-package-autoloads elpaca-log elpaca-ui url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile url-vars mailcap cl-seq elpaca elpaca-process
elpaca-autoloads cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib
early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 873047 225658) (symbols 48 41607 1)
 (strings 32 304075 12621) (string-bytes 1 7953692)
 (vectors 16 936601) (vector-slots 8 8676661 205873)
 (floats 8 453 1999) (intervals 56 16329 15127) (buffers 992 56))