Subject: Re: bug#7797: 24.0.50; [EasyPG/Gnus] always pick up the first key from `gpg --list-key $SENDER`

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 11:04:03 +0900

Hi,

Luca Capello <[email-masked]> writes:

> gpg: skipped "8D3867D89DDB992B": unusable secret key
> gpg: signing failed: unusable secret key

You may want to try the patch I posted last month:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-12/msg00624.html

Although this patch is a workaround, I'm going to push it for the time
being.

> I looked into the Git repository and I found the faulty commit:
>
>     mml2015-epg-sign: Use From header.
>
> What is the reason of this change?  If I want to sign with another key,
> independent of the From header, I should be able to do so,
> *automatically*, thus without any extra choice when sending the email.
> My ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf allows that, EasyPG/Gnus does not.

Quite a few users expect that Gnus/GPG pick a key matching the From
header automatically - me too, I use different keys at work and home :)

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno