Subject: bug#7797: 24.0.50; [EasyPG/Gnus] always pick up the first key from `gpg --list-key $SENDER`

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 22:18:41 +0900

Luca Capello <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please, can you post it here, so I do not have to download the bzr
> repository?  The Savannah bzr repository is disabled
> <http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs> and the Launhpad one
> <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/emacs/trunk/files> does not
> have it yet.

Looks git mirror is up to date:

http://git.sv.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=3d51f602

> I am sorry, but I still think this is not the correct solution, thus I
> reopened the bug (control server bcc:ed).  I think the cases should be
> the following, which I have (sort of) explained in my first post and it
> is similar to Ashish's one at:
>
>   <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-12/msg00612.html>

I think there are 2 separate issues:

(1) Gnus now picks signing keys from "From:" header by default. Which is
    an incompatible behavior change from the previous versions.

(2) mml2015-epg-find-usable-key, a function used to determine whether a
    key is usable for signing, has a bug.

I fixed (2) as r102771 and you are talking about (1).  

> I would have wanted to reply only after having implemented my solution,
> but since I am quite busy right now (and I will be for the whole next
> week as well), it is better to put here my ideas *now*.

Well, probably you could first try the patch for (2) and then propose
improvement ideas for (1) I think :-)

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno