Subject: bug#77966: 30.1; Text wrongly displayed with font-lock-warning-face

From: Vangelis Evangelou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2025 18:03:35 +0100

Start emacs with emacs -Q and paste the following text in the scratch buffer

;;;; Start copy ;;;;
(defun test (nil)
  (test1
    (test2
    "") "***"))
;;;; End copy ;;;;

You will see that the last 7 characters of the last line, i.e., "***")) are
shown with the wrong face. If you insert a new line before those
characters, the correct face is shown.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2025-02-23 built on ublt-ee224
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101011
System Description: Linux Mint 22.1

Configured using:
 'configure --without-pop --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5
 --without-hesiod --without-mail-unlink --without-mailhost
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-file-notification=inotify --with-x
 --with-modules --with-json --with-xft'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils crm thingatpt help-fns
radix-tree help-mode cus-start cus-load delsel time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 53158 9810) (symbols 48 6703 0) (strings 32 16512 1468)
 (string-bytes 1 373060) (vectors 16 9889)
 (vector-slots 8 115868 8907) (floats 8 25 101) (intervals 56 714 66)
 (buffers 992 11))