Subject: Emacs recompiling tramp-loaddefs.el.gz

From: stigl cz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2025 11:59:21 +0200

On every startup, emacs is compiling this file for no reason:
Compiling /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs.el.gz...
uncompressing tramp-loaddefs.el.gz...
uncompressing tramp-loaddefs.el.gz...done
Compilation finished.
Not sure why this is happening, happened after upgrading from I believe
29.4 to 30.1.

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.49,
cairo version 1.18.4)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101016
System Description: Arch Linux
Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var --disable-build-details
 --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro
 -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: elisp-compile

Minor modes in effect:
  delete-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/stigl/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20250304.1338/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils lsp-lens lsp-modeline
lsp-headerline lsp-icons lsp-diagnostics company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb view lsp-zig lsp-yang lsp-yaml lsp-xml lsp-wgsl lsp-volar
lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala lsp-v
lsp-typespec lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3 lsp-ts-query lsp-trunk lsp-toml
lsp-tilt lsp-tex lsp-terraform lsp-svelte lsp-steep lsp-sqls lsp-sql
lsp-sorbet lsp-solidity lsp-solargraph lsp-semgrep lsp-rust lsp-ruff
lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-ruby-lsp lsp-rubocop lsp-roslyn lsp-roc lsp-rf
lsp-remark lsp-racket lsp-r lsp-qml lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh
lsp-purescript lsp-pls lsp-php lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad
lsp-ocaml lsp-nushell lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-nextflow lsp-move
lsp-mojo lsp-mint lsp-meson lsp-mdx lsp-matlab lsp-marksman lsp-markdown
lsp-magik lsp-fennel lsp-lua lsp-lisp lsp-kubernetes-helm lsp-kotlin
lsp-json lsp-jq lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-hack lsp-groovy
lsp-graphql lsp-golangci-lint lsp-glsl lsp-gleam lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp
lsp-futhark lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet lsp-elm
lsp-elixir lsp-earthly lsp-dockerfile lsp-docker yaml lsp-dhall lsp-d
lsp-cypher lsp-cucumber lsp-copilot lsp-css lsp-c3 lsp-csharp
lsp-crystal lsp-credo lsp-cobol lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-clangd dom
lsp-bufls lsp-go lsp-completion lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-awk
lsp-autotools lsp-astro lsp-asm lsp-ansible lsp-angular lsp-ada
lsp-semantic-tokens lsp-actionscript lsp-mode lsp-protocol xref
tree-widget wid-edit spinner network-stream nsm markdown-mode color
noutline outline lv inline imenu ht filenotify f s ewoc epg rfc6068
epg-config dash tango-dark-theme delsel cua-base desktop frameset
company pcase dumbparens flycheck find-func undo-tree diff queue circe
comp comp-cstr warnings comp-run comp-common diff-mode track-changes
lui-irc-colors irc gnutls puny lcs lui-logging lui-format lui tracking
shorten flyspell ispell circe-compat rust-utils rust-prog-mode rust-mode
rust-playpen rust-cargo rust-common rust-rustfmt rust-compile
fsharp-mode project inf-fsharp-mode fsharp-mode-util tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs
fsharp-mode-structure smie cmake-mode thingatpt rx rst cargo-mode
haxe-mode compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
cc-bytecomp cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
cargo-mode-autoloads circe-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads company-autoloads
dumbparens-autoloads flycheck-autoloads fsharp-mode-autoloads
haxe-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads f-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads no-littering-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
spinner-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads
ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads info dash-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads queue-autoloads yaml-autoloads package browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 597854 40224) (symbols 48 38383 0)
 (strings 32 184293 5427) (string-bytes 1 5041172) (vectors 16 65608)
 (vector-slots 8 738627 14421) (floats 8 288 32) (intervals 56 572 0)
 (buffers 992 15))