Subject: Re: bug#77945: [PATCH] Add optional inherit argument to 'face-all-attributes'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 11:31:05 +0300

> From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 17:45:40 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> * lisp/faces.el (face-all-attributes): Add inherit argument and
                                             ^^^^^^^
Please quote "inherit 'like this'.

> +@code{set-face-attribute}; see below.  The optional argument
> +@var{inherit} has the same definition as in @code{face-attribute}, which
                              ^^^^^^^^^^
"Meaning", not "definition".  Also, "which see" is redundant here,
since face-attribute was described just above this function in the
manual.

> +see.  This can aid understanding face definitions.

I'd either drop the last sentence, or say instead something like

  This is useful when you want the face attributes to be absolute and
  not @code{unspecified}.

> ++++
> +*** 'face-all-attributes' now accepts an optional inherit argument.

Please quote "inherit" here.

> +This will resolve all attributes.

This is inaccurate.  I'd suggest to remove this sentence, since the
rest of the NEWS entry describes what it does more accurately.

>                                 'inherit' has the same meaning as
> +'face-attribute', which already takes this argument for a single

"same meaning as the same argument to 'face-attribute'"

Thanks.