Subject: Re: [bug#77927] [PATCH 1/4] gnu: Add libiio

From: Rutherther <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 18:23:21 +0200

Guillaume Le Vaillant <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi.
> It looks like the installation of the Python bindings does not work;
> they are not in the built package.
> The build log indicates:

Hi,
right, thanks. I didn't actually use them, so I didn't care to check,
sorry for that. I actually didn't think much and copied most of this
from nixpkgs, except for the patches! Seems that the package actually
doesn't like our approach of first building and then installing and
would like to be first installed, and later on built and installed
again, with the bindings on.
I've added patch to not check this, and to hardcode path to the library
so that it doesn't have to be in ld library path...

It's a question which bindings should we enable anyway... I don't
know... For the sdrangel and sdr++ no bindings are necessary, just the
library. Apart from Python ones there is CPP and C#.

Anyway, for now I submitted version with Python bindings only, compiling
and working fine - I can import the iio library without failing to find
any symbols.

I can't check with hardware anymore, I've had PlutoSDR just borrowed for
a few days.