Subject: Re: bug#77917: 31.0.50; [PATCH] Stop using the "stop" sign for all warning levels

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 11:18:25 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I am probably going a bit off-topic, but I cannot help but wonder how
>> people looking to contribute to Emacs can find things to work on if
>> unsolved bugs are closed if they are not immediately worked on.
>
> Closing a bug doesn't make it invisible.  And reopening a bug is easy.
>
> So I don't really understand these comments.

I vaguely recall that SystemCrafters once claimed that you suggested to
use debbugs tracker to hunt for things that can be fixed.
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=emacs

Won't closing a bug eliminate it from that listing?

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode maintainer,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>