Subject: Re: bug#77917: 31.0.50; [PATCH] Stop using the "stop" sign for all warning levels

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 14:28:44 +0530

[ஞாயிறு ஏப்ரல் 20, 2025] Juri Linkov wrote:

>>> The *Warnings* buffer uses the same "stop" sign for "warning" and
>>> "error" level warnings. This makes it hard to quickly scan the buffer
>>> for actual errors.
>>
>> The sign is not for Warning or Error, it's for _disabling_ the
>> message.  That's why it's the same sign.
>
> The icon at the beginning of a warning/error is very useful
> to help separating one warning/error from another, especially
> for many very long multi-line messages.  But the button for
> disabling them like [Disable] could be added at the end of messages.

Is my memory failing me, or was there such a button before the entire
emoji thing was added?  I remember using said button to suppress
warnings that would show up in the early days of native compilation.
(This is how I learnt that the emoji could also be used to suppress
warning BTW).