Subject: Re: bug#77917: 31.0.50; [PATCH] Stop using the "stop" sign for all warning levels

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2025 18:33:48 +0300

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 06 May 2025 14:04:07 +0200
> 
> On Tue, 06 May 2025 14:29:34 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >> I conclude from that that we should use U+26A0 U+FE0F ⚠️ as the symbol
> >> to insert.
> >
> > Really?  So we've just made another full circle back to the beginning?
> > Where someone said, and I agree, that showing ⚠️ explains itself worse
> > than the existing symbol, because it could be easily interpreted as
> > meaning just "Warning".
> 
> What about the character "ℹ" (#x2139 INFORMATION SOURCE), perhaps with a
> box face attribute, or alternatively as emoji "ℹ️"?  This sign is widely
> recognized and I think even invites clicking to see what the information
> is (though having an explicit button as well would avoid any
> misunderstanding).

If this is recognized widely enough, sure.  But can you point to some
examples of using this for that purpose?