Subject: Re: bug#77911: Kodi-wayland won't compile

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2025 12:50:23 -0400

On Thu, Apr 24, 2025 at 5:52 PM André Batista <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi, this bug is due to the same issue reported by Dariqq on #77964,
> which already has a proposed fix by Greg.  After applying that patch
> series on top of 85b5c2c8f66aed05730f6c7bdeabfaadf619bb8f and
> removing 'fmt' from the list of kodi inputs, I've successfully built
> it on a x86_64 system.
>
> Cheers!

I have left "fmt" as an input to kodi since there is no longer a
conflict with "spdlog" (which has been reverted to version 1.13).
j4-dmenu-desktop depends on spdlog-1.15 which is incompatible with the
unversioned "fmt". It's no harm to duplicate a propagated input.

After rechecking that all dependent packages build (except the broken
rxcpp) I have pushed #77406 as
c53da8704b64e835d563b1b1ca64a44f0d1d9746 and #77964 as
0b83a27b67ae92e988795322ae988518ec3e6972.

Greg