Subject: bug#77911: closed (Re: bug#77911: Kodi-wayland won't compile)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 02 May 2025 16:51:02 +0000

Your bug report

#77911: Kodi-wayland won't compile

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77911: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77911
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#77911: Kodi-wayland won't compile
From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
To: André Batista <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Dylan Connell <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 May 2025 12:50:23 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Apr 24, 2025 at 5:52 PM André Batista <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi, this bug is due to the same issue reported by Dariqq on #77964,
> which already has a proposed fix by Greg.  After applying that patch
> series on top of 85b5c2c8f66aed05730f6c7bdeabfaadf619bb8f and
> removing 'fmt' from the list of kodi inputs, I've successfully built
> it on a x86_64 system.
>
> Cheers!

I have left "fmt" as an input to kodi since there is no longer a
conflict with "spdlog" (which has been reverted to version 1.13).
j4-dmenu-desktop depends on spdlog-1.15 which is incompatible with the
unversioned "fmt". It's no harm to duplicate a propagated input.

After rechecking that all dependent packages build (except the broken
rxcpp) I have pushed #77406 as
c53da8704b64e835d563b1b1ca64a44f0d1d9746 and #77964 as
0b83a27b67ae92e988795322ae988518ec3e6972.

Greg

Subject: Kodi-wayland won't compile
From: Dylan Connell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2025 20:09:50 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi there,

I'm having an issue compiling kodi-wayland on x86. It looks like there's
undeclared types and methods in the fmt 9.1.0 library. I'm not a C++ guy,
but I think that either
 - Compiling is happening with the wrong version of CPP (too old of a
version of CPP for the features used by [email-masked])
 - Some of the code importing <fmt/core.h> is also using C++20 features and
importing <format> and this is somehow causing a conflict.
I've included the relevant part of my derivation file to show what the
errors are.