Subject: Re: bug#7791: 24.0.50; vc-annotate doesn't work on large SVN files

From: [email-masked] (Mark A. Hershberger)
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 13:29:03 -0500

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
>
>> Using =201cC-x v g=201d while in includes/Article.php from MediaWiki's SVN
>> (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download_from_SVN) to show the file's VC
>> annotation, resulting *Annotate Article.php (rev 79185)* does not
>> include the entire file but ends at about 1400 lines
>
> Works for me. Is this with emacs -Q? Does svn annotate work from the
> command-line? Does it work with Emacs 23.2?

Works on the file when I check it out anonymously on the http transport,
but when I use my credentials on the svn+ssh transport it fails in both
emacs from trunk and emacs23.

I note that emacs23 does seem to get 2724 lines into the annotation
buffer while emacs from trunk gets only 1382 (but does provide nifty
coloring even when run with -Q).

“svn annotate” works from the command line either way I check the file
out.

time does give negligible differences for “svn annotate” depending on
the way I check it out.

For “time svn annotate includes/Article.php > /dev/null” on the
anonymous check out I see:

    real	0m4.767s
    user	0m2.130s
    sys		0m0.730s

On the check out with creds, I see:

    real	0m5.548s
    user	0m2.240s
    sys		0m0.640s

Let me know if I can help further.

Mark.

-- 
http://hexmode.com/

War begins by calling for the annihilation of the Other,
    but ends ultimately in self-annihilation.