Subject: Re: bug#7789: cannot send smtpmail using gmail & tls on woe32

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 18:16:13 +0200

> Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:05:59 -0500
> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
> Cc: 
> 
> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.2.3790)
>  of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
> --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/xpm/include
> 
> I followed the instructions on how to send smtp mail using emacs and gmail:
> http://obfuscatedcode.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/configuring-emacs-for-gmails-smtp/
> it works with the latest bzr emacs on ubuntu just fine, but does not
> work on woe32.

smtpmail works perfectly for me on MS-Windows, but I don't use tls.

What port of gnutls did you use?  If it's a Cygwin port, perhaps try a
MinGW port instead.

Also, if you set smtpmail-debug-info non-nil, what do you see in the
buffer named "*trace of SMTP session to <somewhere>*" after the
connection attempt times out?

Maybe also post here the setup on your .emacs for using smtpmail
(although I doubt that this is the culprit).