Subject: [bug#77873] [PATCH] gnu: git-repo: Update to 2.54.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2025 12:33:24 +0900

Hi,

> I don't think that's sufficient.  Repo will then update at runtime.  We
> should wrap the repo binary with REPO_SKIP_SELF_UPDATE=1.  Guix packages
> should not mutate themselves like git-repo does out of the box.

OK, I had missed that this package didn't provide an initial working
copy:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ /gnu/store/0s3amrgdl6is2bjb3k7zbwi6fwklbldb-git-repo-2.54/bin/repo --help
usage: repo COMMAND [ARGS]

repo is not yet installed.  Use "repo init" to install it here.

The most commonly used repo commands are:

  init      Install repo in the current working directory
  help      Display detailed help on a command

For access to the full online help, install repo ("repo init").

Bug reports: https://issues.gerritcodereview.com/issues/new?component=1370071
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The goal should be that install 'git-repo' with Guix gives you a fully
working command, not just an updater that wants to fetch an online copy
and put it somewhere in your HOME.

I'll revert this.  If you manage to fix this, please submit a new
PR to Codeberg.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim