Subject: Re: bug#77864: [PATCH] - checkdoc fixes for reftex.el

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 22:36:49 +0200

Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jeremy Bryant via bug-auctex via Bug reporting list for AUCTeX <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ping!
>> Any comments or suggestions, or is this good to install?
>
> Sorry for the delay, is on my list, but please be a little more patient
> as I'm currently busy with other stuff.

I tried to install your patch, but it doesn't apply:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Applying: * lisp/textmodes/reftex.el: checkdoc fixes, comments to docstrings
error: patch failed: lisp/textmodes/reftex.el:276
error: lisp/textmodes/reftex.el: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 * lisp/textmodes/reftex.el: checkdoc fixes, comments to docstrings
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Can you please update your local git repo and resend the patch on top of
the current HEAD?  TIA.

Can you also adjust the ChangeLog entry?  It should look like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
* lisp/textmodes/reftex.el (reftex-next-multifile-index):
(reftex-TeX-master-file, reftex-is-multi):
(reftex-get-cite-format, reftex-ensure-compiled-variables):
(reftex-erase-all-selection-and-index-buffers):
(reftex-compile-variables, reftex-parse-args):
(reftex-access-scan-info, reftex-check-parse-consistency):
(reftex-select-external-document, reftex-find-file-externally):
(reftex-access-search-path, reftex-find-file-on-path):
(reftex-parse-colon-path, reftex-expand-path):
(reftex-recursive-directory-list, reftex-typekey-check):
(reftex-check-recursive-edit, reftex-no-props):
(reftex-match-string, reftex-kill-buffer):
(reftex-erase-buffer, reftex-this-word, reftex-all-assq):
(reftex-all-assoc-string, reftex-last-assoc-before-elt):
(reftex-sublist-nth, reftex-make-selection-buffer-name):
(reftex-make-index-buffer-name, reftex-truncate):
(reftex-nearest-match, reftex-auto-mode-alist):
(reftex-enlarge-to-fit, reftex-select-with-char):
(reftex-make-regexp-allow-for-ctrl-m, reftex-visited-files):
(reftex-get-file-buffer-force, reftex-kill-temporary-buffers):
(reftex-splice-symbols-into-list, reftex-uniquify):
(reftex-uniquify-by-car, reftex-nicify-text, reftex-refontify):
(reftex-fontify-select-label-buffer):
(reftex-select-font-lock-fontify-region):
(reftex-verified-face, reftex-highlight-shall-die): Convert
comment to docstring in functions.
(reftex-silence-toc-markers): Convert comment to docstring and
capitalize argument.
(reftex-set-cite-format): Capitalize argument.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Maybe you have another look at this[1].

TIA.  Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/CONTRIBUTE#n194