Subject: Re: guix-daemon run as non-root sets up /etc/group incorrectly in build container

From: keinflue <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 11:00:28 +0000

> It seems that now the system build proceeds much further (still 
running).

Unfortunately the python package also fails with equivalent test 
failures. It also has another failure mode where it expects a syscall to 
change ownership to the overflow uid to result in EPERM, while it will 
produce EINVAL (which happens even if there are no supplementary 
groups). Should I post the details here or open a new issue?

> I will see whether I can report the issue(s) upstream to coreutils and
> gnulib. I noticed that in coreutils 9.2 (guix is currently 9.1) a
> similar fix was applied to handle special gids on MacOS. Unfortunately
> the default Linux overflow gid is not included in that list. In any
> case, the patch needs to be adjusted for newer coreutils versions.

coreutils already responded and fixed the issue 
(https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=78225).

I still have to report to gnulib, but wanted to try building the 
standalone gnulib package first, which caused me to trip over the python 
issues.

>> Thanks,
>> Ludo’.