Subject: bug#7786: 23.2; Encoding of PostScript files

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 08:18:47 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> None of the .ps files we've found have been in ISOLatin1Encoding, so I'm
> not sure I understand what you mean?

Er.  My analysis of these .ps files is wrong -- ` is indeed interpreted
as quoteright instead of grave.

/ISO-8859-1Encoding [
[...]
/space /exclam /quotedbl /numbersign /dollar /percent /ampersand /quoteright 

Which is what this bug report was originally about.  However, none of
them adhere to the encoding found on the Wikipedia page (which claims to
document ISOLatin1Encoding) in the 0x9x area:

/x /y /z /braceleft /bar /braceright /asciitilde /.notdef 
/.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef 
/.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef 
/.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef 
/.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef /.notdef 
/space /exclamdown /cent /sterling /currency /yen /brokenbar /section 

Like iso-8859-1, the 0x9x area is blank instead of having dotless i and
all the diacritics.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no