Subject: bug#77854: closed (Re: bug#77854: 31.0.50; eww-list-buffers replaces other buffers' contents)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2025 15:45:03 +0000

Your bug report

#77854: 31.0.50; eww-list-buffers replaces other buffers' contents

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77854: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77854
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#77854: 31.0.50; eww-list-buffers replaces other buffers' contents
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: William Wen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2025 18:44:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2025 15:30:04 +0000
> From: William Wen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On 2025-04-17 06:26, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 20:36:18 +0000
> >> From:  William Wen via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
> >>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> >> 
> >> For some reason, eww-list-buffers keeps trying to replace the contents
> >> of different buffers with the contents of its own buffer. Here's how 
> >> to
> >> reproduce on master with emacs -Q:
> >> 
> >> 1. M-x eww to any URL
> >> 2. M-x eww-list-buffers
> >> 3. Open any file
> >> 4. M-x revert-buffer on that file's buffer
> >> 
> >> You should see the contents of eww-list-buffers rather than the 
> >> contents
> >> of your file.
> > 
> > Thanks, should be fixed now.
> 
> It does, thanks!

Thanks for testing, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 31.0.50; eww-list-buffers replaces other buffers' contents
From: William Wen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 20:36:18 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

For some reason, eww-list-buffers keeps trying to replace the contents
of different buffers with the contents of its own buffer. Here's how to
reproduce on master with emacs -Q:

1. M-x eww to any URL
2. M-x eww-list-buffers
3. Open any file
4. M-x revert-buffer on that file's buffer

You should see the contents of eww-list-buffers rather than the contents
of your file.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2025-04-16 built on Will_Laptop
Repository revision: 4532fbefece210061d01ab9523f3054aadb1c45a
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
   sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
   vtable-header-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   indent-tabs-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring shortdoc
help-fns radix-tree emacsbug lisp-mnt message yank-media dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
vc-git diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode files-x vc-dispatcher
sh-script smie treesit executable textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check cl-extra help-mode gnutls
network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth format-spec comp-run comp-common rx eww
vtable mule-util url-queue thingatpt shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg
xml dom browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars mailcap puny mm-url gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mail-utils
range wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 321038 24441) (symbols 48 13070 1) (strings 32 62228 2624)
  (string-bytes 1 1828116) (vectors 16 47323)
  (vector-slots 8 669641 20596) (floats 8 227 21) (intervals 56 2412 0)
  (buffers 984 17))