Subject: bug#7785: rgrep is broken on woe32

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:11:49 -0500

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> And if you try the same command from the cmd prompt outside Emacs?

works just fine:

C:\sds>c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\find . -name "ChangeLog" -print0 |
c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\xargs -0 -e c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\grep -i -nH "asdf"
./src/cl/clocc/src/defsystem-3.x/ChangeLog:10:  Added
RUN-SHELL-COMMAND (modified from UFFI and ASDF to make it
./src/cl/clocc/src/defsystem-3.x/ChangeLog:466:   MK3, following the
ideas in ASDF.  If the DEFSYSTEM form is
./src/cl/clocc/src/defsystem-3.x/ChangeLog:532:   Controller can
depend on defsystem versions 3 & 4 as well as asdf
./src/clisp/current/src/ChangeLog:29:   * modules/asdf/asdf.lisp:
update to upstream "2.011"
./src/clisp/current/src/ChangeLog:512:  bundle ASDF2 as a module
./src/clisp/current/src/ChangeLog:513:  * Makefile.devel
(update-asdf): new .PHONY target
./src/clisp/current/src/ChangeLog:515:  * modules/asdf: add (based on
asdf 2.008)
./src/clisp/current/src/ChangeLog:516:  * makemake.in, unix/INSTALL:
mention asdf in the docs
./src/clisp/current/src/ChangeLog:590:  (require): use the above, now
one can hook asdf into clisp

C:\sds>

> Also, what does "c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\xargs --version" say?

GNU xargs version 4.2.20

-- 
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>