Subject: Re: bug#7785: rgrep is broken on woe32

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:55:40 -0500

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> What happens if you repeat this experiment, but this time give an
> explicit absolute file name for each program, find, xargs, and grep?
> (I'd like to be sure we know what binaries are involved.)  To avoid
> hassles with quoting, please use backslashes in the file names.

when I apply my w32-fns patch, I see this:

-*- mode: grep; default-directory: "~/" -*-
Grep started at Thu Jan 06 15:46:06

c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\find . "(" -path  -o -path......o -name "*.tps" -o
-name "*.vrs" -o -name "*.pyc" -o -name "*.pyo" ")" -prune -o  -type f
"(" -iname "*.[cdfh]" -o -iname "*.lisp" -o -iname "*.tst" -o -iname
"*.m4" -o -iname "*.in" -o -iname "Makefile*" -o -iname "*.xml" ")"
-print0 | c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\xargs -0 -e c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\grep -i
-nH "asdf"
c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\xargs: c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\grep: Invalid argument

Grep finished (matches found) at Thu Jan 06 15:46:09

-- 
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>