Subject: Re: bug#7785: rgrep is broken on woe32

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:20:13 -0500

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> when I edit the command line manually so that it is shorter than 1024 chars,
>> the error message becomes extra bizarre:
>
> [snip]
>
> Maybe you are mixing Cygwin's find with gnuwin32 grep ?
>

no, I am not.
here is the same error with the full paths:

-*- mode: grep; default-directory: "d:/.../" -*-
Grep started at Wed Jan 05 16:18:46

c:/gnu/gnuwin32/bin/find . \( -path  -o -path \*/attic -o -path
\*/junk -o -path \*/SCCS -o -path \*/RCS -o -path \*/CVS -o -path
\*/MCVS -o -path \*/.svn -o -path \*/.git -o -path \*/.hg -o -path
\*/.bzr -o -path \*/_MTN -o -path \*/_darcs -o -path \*/\{arch\} \)
-prune -o \( -name .\#\* -o -name \*.bc -o -name \*.exe -o -name
\*.cmxa -o -name \*.cmx -o -name \*.cmo -o -name \*.cmi -o -name
\*.cma -o -name \*.spit -o -name \*.spot -o -name \*.omc -o -name
\*.data -o -name \*.old -o -name \*.tmp -o -name \*.annot -o -name
\*.p -o -name \*.err -o -name \*.o -o -name \*\~ -o -name \*.bin -o
-name \*.bak -o -name \*.obj -o -name \*.map -o -name \*.ico -o -name
\*.pif -o -name \*.lnk -o -name \*.a -o -name \*.ln -o -name \*.blg -o
-name \*.bbl -o -name \*.dll -o -name \*.drv -o -name \*.vxd -o -name
\*.386 -o -name \*.elc -o -name \*.lof -o -name \*.glo -o -name \*.idx
-o -name \*.lot -o -name \*.fmt -o -name \*.tfm -o -name \*.class -o
-name \*.fas -o -name \*.lib -o -name \*.mem -o -name \*.x86f -o -name
\*.sparcf -o -name \*.fasl -o -name \*.ufsl -o -name \*.fsl -o -name
\*.dxl -o -name \*.pfsl -o -name \*.dfsl -o -name \*.p64fsl -o -name
\*.d64fsl -o -name \*.dx64fsl -o -name \*.lo -o -name \*.la -o -name
\*.gmo -o -name \*.mo -o -name \*.toc -o -name \*.aux -o -name \*.cp
-o -name \*.fn -o -name \*.ky -o -name \*.pg -o -name \*.tp -o -name
\*.vr -o -name \*.cps -o -name \*.fns -o -name \*.kys -o -name \*.pgs
-o -name \*.tps -o -name \*.vrs -o -name \*.pyc -o -name \*.pyo \)
-prune -o  -type f \( -iname \*.cc -o -iname \*.\[ch\]xx -o -iname
\*.\[ch\]pp -o -iname \*.\[CHh\] -o -iname \*.CC -o -iname \*.HH -o
-iname \*.\[ch\]\+\+ \) -print0 | c:/gnu/gnuwin32/bin/xargs -0 -e
c:/gnu/gnuwin32/bin/grep -i -nH gettempdir
'c:' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Grep exited abnormally with code 255 at Wed Jan 05 16:18:47

-- 
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>