Subject: bug#7785: rgrep is broken on woe32

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 15:28:48 -0500

when I edit the command line manually so that it is shorter than 1024 chars,
the error message becomes extra bizarre:

-*- mode: grep; default-directory: "d:/.../" -*-
Grep started at Wed Jan 05 15:27:21

c:/gnu/cygwin/bin/find . \( -path  -o -path \*/attic -o -path \*/junk
-o -path \*/SCCS -o -path \*/RCS -o -path \*/CVS -o -path \*/MCVS -o
-path \*/.svn -o -path \*/.git -o -path \*/.hg -o -path \*/.bzr -o
-path \*/_MTN -o -path \*/_darcs -o -path \*/\{arch\} \) -prune -o \(
-name .\#\* -o -name \*.bc -o -name \*.exe -o -name \*.cmxa -o -name
\*.cmx -o -name \*.cmo -o -name \*.cmi -o -name \*.cma -o -name
\*.spit -o -name \*.spot -o -name \*.omc -o -name \*.data -o -name
\*.tp -o -name \*.vr -o -name \*.cps -o -name \*.fns -o -name \*.kys
-o -name \*.pgs -o -name \*.tps -o -name \*.vrs -o -name \*.pyc -o
-name \*.pyo \) -prune -o  -type f \( -iname \*.cc -o -iname
\*.\[ch\]xx -o -iname \*.\[ch\]pp -o -iname \*.\[CHh\] -o -iname \*.CC
-o -iname \*.HH -o -iname \*.\[ch\]\+\+ \) -print0 | xargs -0 -e grep
-i -nH gettempdir
'c:' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Grep exited abnormally with code 255 at Wed Jan 05 15:27:21

-- 
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>