Subject: Re: bug#7785: rgrep is broken on woe32

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 09:24:24 +0200

> Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:11:49 -0500
> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > And if you try the same command from the cmd prompt outside Emacs?
> 
> works just fine:

Please show all the differences between the environment variables in
cmd (type "set RET") on the one hand, and in process-environment under
the configuration when this happened, OTOH:

> when I apply my w32-fns patch, I see this:
> 
> -*- mode: grep; default-directory: "~/" -*-
> Grep started at Thu Jan 06 15:46:06
> 
> c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\find . "(" -path  -o -path......o -name "*.tps" -o
> -name "*.vrs" -o -name "*.pyc" -o -name "*.pyo" ")" -prune -o  -type f
> "(" -iname "*.[cdfh]" -o -iname "*.lisp" -o -iname "*.tst" -o -iname
> "*.m4" -o -iname "*.in" -o -iname "Makefile*" -o -iname "*.xml" ")"
> -print0 | c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\xargs -0 -e c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\grep -i
> -nH "asdf"
> c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\xargs: c:\gnu\gnuwin32\bin\grep: Invalid argument
> 
> Grep finished (matches found) at Thu Jan 06 15:46:09