Subject: Re: bug#77841: Some svg image's black color is replaced by emacs's theme foreground color

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2025 16:50:24 +0200

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

> Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Could you tell me more about "widget look and feel"?
>>> Is it about some very specific use case of svgs in Emacs?
>>
>> I was refering to the first comment Alan made in this thread.  The
>> example that comes to my mind is the customize interface: some settings
>> are toggle buttons that are rendered with SVG provided with Emacs and
>> that will have the correct (i.e., same as default face) foreground and
>> background values.
>
> I see. So, we are talking about svgs that are specifically designed with
> current behavior in mind. May those svgs be marked to use foreground
> color via image properties?

Maybe there are other use case for such SVG: I cannot pretend I was
exhaustive.

> Alternatively, the proposed variable can be set locally in customize
> buffers.

If anything, I think I'd prefer this approach but maybe the other way
around: which buffers will need to have a default back/foreground to
black?
-- 
Manuel Giraud