Subject: bug#77838: Cannot get explicit button of type "org-link" to work

From: Julian Hoch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 10:26:54 +0200

Hi,

I am having trouble using the "org-link" action type when creating
explicit buttons.  Perhaps I am doing it wrong, but that's what I have
been trying:

1. Hyperbole » Ebut » Create;
2. 2. then select a label and type "org-link".

Note that it creates a button that does not do anything, it does not
prompt for a link target.  Not sure if I am using it wrong but it seems
like a bug to me.  I can also see the following message:

<(my-label)> executes (nil)

The documentation states:

'org-link'
     Follow an optional Org mode LINK to its target.  If LINK is nil,
     follow any link at point.  Otherwise, trigger an error.

Typically, external buttons ask for arguments if needed.  In this case,
this does not occur.  Thanks for your help!

I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 29.4 with native comp
        Hyperbole:   9.0.2pre
        Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
        OS Type:     gnu/linux
        Window Sys:  x
        News Reader: Gnus v5.13
        Install:     melpa, 20250321.856
-- 
Julian Hoch