Subject: Re: Xapian cache/search proof of concept

From: gabrielsantosdesouza <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2025 20:53:10 +0000

On 2025-04-28 19:38, Noé Lopez wrote:

> Did you try loading the package profile?

Oh, I didn't, because it's often not necessary for other packages, but I 
guess it
would make sense for it to not work with an extension to the package 
manager's
command.

I'll try messing around with the profiles and paths later to see if I 
can get it
work.

> Nice! I like your idea of trying it with television, although I wonder
> what you plan to do?

I plan to use it and maybe suggest it on the wiki as a faster search 
alternative.
I often use the Guix (television) "channel" configuration I linked to 
complete
packages when spawning shells for example—the calls to "cut" and "tr" 
are there
to grab just the package's name as a result—so it would be nice to have 
that
optimized.

> Good luck!

Thanks!

Regards,

-- 
Gabriel Santos