Subject: Re: Xapian cache/search proof of concept

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 18:12:40 +0100

Hi Noé,

That's fabulous! Thank you for taking this up. :-) Please consider
making this its own project with its own repo, and advertising on
guix-devel and elsewhere.

> (match (command-line)
>   ((_ "index")
>    (index))
>   ((_ "search" query)
>    (search query))

If there's some way to hide the indexing step from the user, that would
be good. For example, one way could be to build the index the first time
search is run. You'll have to figure out some way to make this a smooth
user experience.

Remember that the user may jump back and forth between multiple guix
profiles. So, multiple indices may be necessary.

Regards,
Arun