Subject: bug#7781: hunspell and latex-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 19:48:00 +0300

> From: Peter Münster <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:18:10 +0200
> 
> - create minimal latex file /tmp/test.tex
> - start emacs:
>   LANG=C emacs -Q --eval '(setq ispell-program-name "hunspell")' /tmp/test.tex
> - M-x ispell

Works fine for me, sorry.

Maybe your Hunspell is not patched enough.  Mine has much more patches
than the one you mentioned.  Most of them are Windows-specific or
related to encoding/decoding non-ASCII characters, something that
doesn't sound relevant for your use case.  But who knows? you might
take a look at the file DIFFS in this archive, where you will find all
the changes I made to Hunspell:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/hunspell-1.3.2-3-w32-src.zip/download

Or maybe wait for someone on Unix to try reproducing your recipe.

One other idea is to try spell-checking your sample file outside of
Emacs, maybe you will see something that will give some ideas.

Finally, are you sure the 'hunspell' executable Emacs finds on PATH is
indeed the one you intend?  (Try putting a full absolute file name
into ispell-program-name.)