Subject: Re: bug#7781: hunspell and latex-mode

From: Peter Münster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:18:10 +0200

On Mon, Apr 28 2014, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I cannot reproduce this.  If I start "emacs -Q" and try spell-checking
> your example (with Hunspell being the speller), it works just fine for
> me: I get suggestions to replace "bla".  Same thing if I load AUCTeX
> into "emacs -Q" (does AUCTeX even change anything about
> spell-checking?).

Hi Eli,

It's not AUCTeX, I've just tested with normal latex-mode.

> If "emacs -Q" doesn't work either, please provide a detailed
> reproduction recipe starting from "emacs -Q".

Here a reproduction recipe:

- create minimal latex file /tmp/test.tex
- start emacs:
  LANG=C emacs -Q --eval '(setq ispell-program-name "hunspell")' /tmp/test.tex
- M-x ispell

Here are more details about my system:

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.2 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.4)
 of 2014-04-20 on micropit
Repository revision: 116996 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11403901
System Description:	openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64)

Configured using:
 `configure --without-toolkit-scroll-bars'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x i s p <tab> <return> M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Starting new Ispell process hunspell with default dictionary...
Spell-checking test.tex using hunspell with default dictionary...done
ispell-process-line: Ispell misalignment: word `bla' point 41; probably incompatible versions

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils ispell tex-mode
compile shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring latexenc time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 87695 6922)
 (symbols 48 19137 0)
 (miscs 40 44 125)
 (strings 32 14709 4542)
 (string-bytes 1 418678)
 (vectors 16 10601)
 (vector-slots 8 389507 5806)
 (floats 8 67 64)
 (intervals 56 250 165)
 (buffers 960 13)
 (heap 1024 42866 735))

-- 
           Peter