Subject: bug#7781: 23.2.91; ispell problem with hunspell and UTF-8 file

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 05:00:11 -0700

Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:

> With the following text, and using emacs -Q, I get the errors you can
> see in the messages log below when using hunspell to spell-check a UTF-8
> buffer with some extended characters in it.
>
> I did test this with emacs -Q, but the current session, in which I
> reproduced the problem and am now composing this bug report, was not
> started with -Q (this is so submitting the bug report works properly!).
>
> I am running a freshly bzr-pulled build of the emacs-23 branch.
>
> Text follows

I tried this but couldn't reproduce the bug using current master and
Hunspell 1.7.0.  Having read the bug report, IIUC, this was a bug in
Hunspell and not in Emacs?

Are you still able to reproduce this using a recent Emacs and Hunspell?

If I don't hear back from you within a couple of weeks, I'll just
close this bug as unreproducible.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas