Subject: bug#77805: new snapshot available: m4-1.4.19.60-6ebfc.tar.xz

From: Santiago Vila <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2025 22:55:50 +0200

El 21/4/25 a las 22:42, Karl Berry escribió:
>      A patch to mdate-sh might take the form of checking (possibly only
>      when a command-line option is also specified) if $SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH
>      is set in the environment, and if so favoring that timestamp over
>      the mdate of its target file.
> 
> That sounds doable. Thanks. I don't think an extra option is needed; if
> SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is set, I think it's usual for tools to use it without
> further ado. Isn't it?
> 
> Santiago, would doing this obviate Debian's desire to eliminate UPDATED?

Yes. In such case the package would be reproducible and the reference date
would be the one in the Debian changelog (i.e. the reference date for
the Debian source package).

(I was going to stop running autoreconf anyway, in which case, if you do
nothing special, the package would probably be reproducible as well).

Thanks.