Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: liburcu: Update to 0.15.2.

From: Olivier Dion <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2025 14:50:31 -0400

Hi,

I've had a look at `bcachefs-tools'.  It seems to me that the problem is
upstream and not related to userspace-rcu itself.  Developers of
`bcachefs-tools' seem to use the returned value of `uatomic_set', which
was expanding to `CMM_STORE_SHARED', which does indeed return a value.
However, in lattest version of URCU, we've changed the expansion of
`uatomic_set' to something else that does not return any value.

It is documented that the signature of `uatomic_set' is:

  void uatomic_set(type *addr, type v);

We can either bump the version of bcachefs-tools to latest commit or
keep a second version of urcu.

What do you think?

On Thu, 31 Jul 2025, Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a little ping, before closing the issue.
>
> Andreas
>
-- 
Olivier Dion
EfficiOS Inc.
https://www.efficios.com