Subject: [bug#77802] [PATCH] gnu: Add pay-respects.

From: Gabriel Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2025 14:49:39 -0300

>So I should:
>
>1. Import the patch, with something like mumi.
>2. Run "guix import -i" again.
>3. Check the source with "tar xf $(guix build --source pay-respects) -C /tmp"
>4. Check the sources of the dependencies too.
>
>Right?

I tried to build the dependencies following the instructions in
the Cookbook:

>./pre-inst-env guix build --expression=('@@@@ (gnu packages rust-crates) rust-askama-0.13.0)'

But got an error saying that "@@@@" was an unbound variable.

But then I found this cargo-clone[1] subcommand
(got it from Nix) that seems to do the job, because the downloaded
sources have ".cargo_vcs_info.json" and other files that
indicates the crates.io origin.

From my evaluation, the only ones that could be bundling
sources are "[email-masked]" (claims to include tests from
"toml-test", inside tests/README.md, but seems to be just
a case of copying existing code) and "rust-rust-i18n-3.1.4"
(has a build.rs file, but doesn't seem to actually be bundling
anything, I don't see another package here).

[1] <https://github.com/JanLikar/cargo-clone>

-- 
Gabriel Santos