Subject: bug#7779: Miserable widget completion for type 'directory on w32

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 03:35:38 +0200

>> Yes. *AND* provide a precise, step-by-step recipe, starting from
>> "emacs -Q" (with stock Emacs, not your patched version), and
>> explaining clearly what you do get and what do you expected to get.

I wrote before:

  "- The completion is case sensitive. However the file system is case
  insensitive on w32."

Testing now with downloaded binaries emacs-20110627-bin-i386.zip
completion behaves even more strange. Try this:

  emacs -Q
  M-x load-library RET eshell RET
  M-x customize-option RET eshell-directory-name RET

Then enter "c:/" in the directory field and do

  M-x widget-complete

I would expect that to return the directory names.

After this I tried "c:/E". I have directories started with "c:/E" and
"c:/e". I only got those with "c:/e" (and some other things that
should not match at all).