Subject: bug#77777: 31.0.50; find-func-tests failing because of trusted-content-p check

From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2025 13:21:39 +0200

Eshel's commit 3ee021dc19e314f6f456867ec43c25aed5cc41b8 introduced a
test on trustedness in function `find-function-search-for-symbol'.  That
seems to trigger a test failure for test
`find-func-tests--locate-macro-generated-symbols':

./src/emacs -Q --eval '(load-file "test/lisp/emacs-lisp/find-func-tests.elc")'
M-x ert RET RET

  Selector: t
  Passed:  5
  Failed:  1 (1 unexpected)
  Skipped: 0
  Total:   6/6

  Started at:   2025-04-13 13:17:49+0200
  Finished.
  Finished at:  2025-04-13 13:17:49+0200

  ....F.

  F find-func-tests--locate-macro-generated-symbols
      (ert-test-failed
       ((should
         (cdr
          (find-function-search-for-symbol #'compilation--message->loc nil
                                           "compile")))
        :form (cdr (#<buffer compile.el>)) :value nil))

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2025-04-13 built on sappc2
Repository revision: 7a01350624e1665e707f98e13d51f53e9f87ce95
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201009
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINERAMA XINPUT2 XPM XRANDR GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: POSIX
  value of $LC_TIME: POSIX
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr comp-run bytecomp byte-compile comp-common rx
emacsbug lisp-mnt message mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 58411 9078) (symbols 48 6196 0) (strings 32 15321 1729)
 (string-bytes 1 470611) (vectors 16 9929)
 (vector-slots 8 139552 10515) (floats 8 22 13) (intervals 56 239 7)
 (buffers 984 10))